Friday, February 17, 2017

Outrage!

And they wonder why ...


I stopped at a local McAlister's Deli this afternoon and encountered this Muslim family. Seeing this woman using the American flag as her hijab sent my blood pressure through the roof. I decided that I would bite my tongue and finish my lunch. 

Just as I was getting up to leave her children were running loose and as she chased them down I found myself face to face with her.

I had to speak and I told her, "I'm sure you think that that is some sort of fashion statement, but I find it highly offensive and tasteless." (Why not use their own methods against them)

She replied, "Well I'm sorry you feel that way."

I responded "No lady, what's sorry is that that you don't."

I had to leave quickly before she could again reply and I resorted to cussing her out as she so richly deserved.

And these people wonder why we don't want them here and hold them in such contempt. We're I a younger man I might have ripped it off her head and set it afire as any desecrated flag requires.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you speaking up. Glad you got away without incident. Given today's climate, you attacked a protected species things could have gotten ugly for you. ;-).

    I'll add you to the blog roll during the day.

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was proudly demonstrating her Americanism. If you can't see that, then there is no hope for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecil here is either very sarcastic or completely clueless. I will leave it to the reads to decide for themselves.

      Delete
  3. Joe Martin the 8thMarch 9, 2017 at 2:11 AM

    That's not a flag. It's a flag print. Does it bother you when the boys from Duck Dynasty wear bandanas with a similar print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. The difference is I can choose not to watch Duck Dynasty.

      Delete

Comments are of course welcome. Please stay on topic. Comments with links to commercial sites unrelated to the post or the general theme of this blog will be deleted as spam.