Friday, February 14, 2020

Gateway Part Two.

In response to having been banned by Gateway Pundit I sent the following missive to their service address.
___________________________________________________

"I have been a frequent commentor on Gateway for several years and have frequently garnered positive reations to my posts as FVS.

"My comment on the recent story concerning the blatently racist UVA student who was calling, for all intents and purposes, a return to segregation, was intended as both irony and sarcasm. Yet whoever you have monitoring comments on this story took it literally and chose to not simply remove the post or temporarily suspended my posting privileges but instead issued an outright ban on my IP address and remove all of the hundreds of comments I have made over the years.

"I find such a reaction to be antithetical to what I and so many others have come to believe your site stands for. It is what one might expect from Twitter or Facebook.

"Your consideration and review of this matter would be greatly appreciated and simply because I feel I have made meaningful contributions in the past but have have developed relationships with several of my fellow contributors over the years."
___________________________________________________

Rather than address any of the points I raised their response was a terse one liner. "The ban was for racism." It only proved my point regarding their over reaction and lack of perceptive capabilities.

Not being one to accept such a terse and arrogant dismissal I sent off the following reply.
____________________________________________________

"Horse feathers. Your inability to perceive tongue in cheek sarcasm is apparently limited. If my comment was intended as racist why then did I end it with suggesting that a trip to West Africa might give her a greater appreciation for what living in a majority white country has provided? Have you ever been to Africa? I have.

Or perhaps it's that banning people with perspectives different than your staff's gives you some sense if power. It seems you are more concerned about what you perceive as my racism than you are about the real racism of the left that goes largely unchallenged.

I am of that generation that grew up with and were part of the desegregation movement. We lived with and freely associated blacks and accepted them as equals. We believed in Dr. King's message of judgement based on character rather than color.  Our thanks for this has been that today our children and grandchildren are taught in school that they are inherently evil and racist simply based on the color of their skin.

If you are offended by the disillusionment and sarcasm of my generation at the destruction of those things we were brought up to believe in and act in accordance with just wait to you see what happens when the full reaction of a generation taught to be self loathing sets in.

I harbor no illusions that you will reconsider your decision but I would suggest you broaden your perspectives on history and consider the repercussions of the destruction of the nobility of what others were taught and sincerely believed in rather than simply dismissing what you don't understand as racism while the world around us sinks into yet another fascist nightmare."
___________________________________________________

These morons might think that this is over. It's not. There are larger issues here than their petty arrogance. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I stopped going to that site, they are only one step higher than twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are of course welcome. Please stay on topic. Comments with links to commercial sites unrelated to the post or the general theme of this blog will be deleted as spam.